News

Princess Charlene REUNITES with Prince Albert and children in Monaco



Princess Charlene of Monaco is finally back home with her family after being kept away by her health struggles.

The Royal Palace confirmed that the 44-year-old returned this week, but will be focusing on her recovery.

“The next few weeks should allow for Princess Charlene to further strengthen her health, before gradually resuming her official duties and commitments,” the palace said in a statement issued on Saturday, 12 March 2022.

The South African former Olympic swimmer, married Prince Albert in 2011.

In November 2021, it was learnt that Princess Charlene had voluntarily checked herself into a Swiss clinic, as she was suffering from both emotional and physical exhaustion.

“She had already made her decision, and we only wanted her to confirm it in front of us. She wanted this. She already knew the best thing to do was to go and have a rest and have a real medically framed treatment,” Prince Albert is quoted as having told People.

WHEN WILL PRINCESS CHARLENE RESUME HER ROYAL DUTIES?

As per the statement from the Royal Palace, Princess Charlene won’t be jumping into her official work duties right away, but will do so “gradually,” given the state of her health. She has been out of action since May 2021, when she visited South Africa. Her health took quite the turn when she relapsed from several medical procedures she had.

Princess Charlene finally managed to return home in late 2021, but was still unwell, which prompted her decision to seek further medical care. Her absence fueled speculation of there being a rift between her and the prince.

She returns home just in time for his 64th birthday on Monday, 14 March 2022.

The Princess, the press statement concludes, “still needs peace and calm, The Princely Couple therefore asks that their private life and family environment continue to be respected.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.