Served on rice or noodles, these teriyaki Meadow Mushrooms from Bunny Eats Design are perfect for a quick meat-free, Asian-style dish.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 400g Meadow White Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Rice, avocado slices, sliced spring onion, sliced red onion, edamame beans, to serve
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add sliced mushrooms. Fry for 8 minutes, stirring to cook evenly, or until mushrooms start to brown.
- While mushrooms are cooking, in a small bowl, dissolve sugar in hot water. Add soy sauce, mirin, cornflour and ginger, mixing to combine.
- Pour sauce into the pan and allow to bubble. Stir to coat the mushrooms. Cook for 30 seconds or until sauce thickens. Turn off heat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve on rice or stirred through noodles, topped with salad ingredients.