At long last, the famously fastidious Lone Star‘s Executive Chef, Gerhard Zitzenbacher, let slip the very recipe that has delighted punters for over 20 years.
Lone Star chefs have toiled long and hard to perfect this delectable melt-in-your-mouth white chocolate and buttermilk pud that’s known to draw diners from every county in the country – and now you can whip it up at home!
This one is sure to delight when served warm with white chocolate sauce, a scoop of ice cream, and lashings of hot butterscotch sauce.
Try out the recipe for yourself!
MILKY BAR PUD
– 150g white chocolate buttons
– 190g butter o ¾ cup caster sugar
– 3 eggs o 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
– 280ml buttermilk
– 2 ¼ cup flour
– 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 175º 1. Melt the chocolate
2. Cream the butter and the sugar in a mixer until fluffy
3. Lightly whisk the eggs and add gradually to butter and sugar. Beat well between each addition
4. Add vanilla essence and beat well
5. Stir in the melted chocolate and buttermilk – don’t be alarmed when the mixture curdles!
6. Fold in flour and baking powder
7. Grease and flour 5 X 11oz souffle ramekins, place a round of baking paper in the bottom of each ramekin
8. Generously fill each ramekin to ¾ full of batter
9. Bake at 175º until skewer comes out clean
10. Leave for 5 minutes and run a knife around the outside before gently tipping out the puddings.
– 250g butter
– 425g soft brown sugar
– 500ml cream
– 1 ½ tablespoons whiskey
1. Melt butter and sugar together in a pot. When sugar is dissolved, add cream
2. Bring to the boil, then simmer and add whiskey
3. Remove from heat and serve hot or pop in the fridge when slightly cooled
MILKY BAR CHOCOLATE SAUCE
– 1x 180g block of Milky Bar chocolate
– 100gms white chocolate buttons
– 250mls cream
1. Gently heat the ingredients together in a metal bowl over simmering water – be careful not to overheat!
2. Remove from heat and whisk to combine o Refrigerate when slightly cooled
And serve! Run Milky Bar chocolate sauce around the edge of serving bowl, place your perfected Milky Bar Pud in the centre, pour over plenty of butterscotch sauce. Delicious!